27 December 2011

LTNSoH

Yeah I know... Long Time No See or Hear!

It's been looong since I made the decision to sell Landy.
And then came the whole business of advertising... and advertising... and doing some more ads.

And the thoughts came about, "Am I going to get Landy sold?" ; "Do people want to buy an old Land Rover like this?"

But... thanks be to our Lord, the interest began to show. And slowly I had people (of all shapes, sizes and descriptions) come to check out her credentials... check how she ran, and all those things that one does when you're wanting to buy something, but also want to make sure this guy's not selling you the proverbial "lemon".

One of the things I'd asked the Lord - as far as buyers were concerned - (Yip, even sellers pray about the goods they want to flog!) - was that He'd send someone who would have the right heart for her. You know; someone who would take good care of her.
And so it was that that someone arrived. He took her for a test drive - with me along for good measure... because he wanted to go show her to his wife. And he fell in love with Landy... or at least it seemed they did.
And as things would have it be, the business side of things took place... very quickly I must add.

And so Landy moved home - drove of into the sunset.
{Ja, the new buyer & I had some unpleasantness happen between us, but that's not going to get discussed.  Life moves on, and I truly hope & pray he's happy with her.}

And so a 4 and a half year era in my life... actually my family's life too... came to an end.

No comments: