01 August 2009

I'm back again

As you can see, I'm back on line again!

I hadn't blogged anything since before leaving for Mozambique (Moz for short), and then put the journal on my page.

Well... I'm back, and there's much to be said. I have an idea that a couple of people have been waiting to see what I'm going to put up here.

The main thing I can say is this...

Praise Almighty God!
He is just SOOOO awesome! He is good and gracious - even though we don't always recognise it.

I'm referring to one of the things which happened whilst we were away. The breakdown of one of our vehicles.
You see, I'm one of the team's mechanicals guys. I get my thinking cap on tightly, my hands dirty when things don't want to work anymore. And 2 of us had some serious thinking and working to do, in what would not normally be the most desirable conditions.
One of our bakkies (Pick-up) sheared a locating pin off on the rear axle, causing the axle to move out of position. This caused the bakkie to pull to one side whilst driving, and also resulted in a very unpleasant knock when traversing potholes and the like.
Whilst undertaking emergency repairs, in an attempt to get the bakkie fully mobile again, we also discovered that the differential lock's actuating diaphragm was damaged. This was the culprit that caused one of the rear axle side shafts to shear clean off during the week prior to our departure. Additionally - just to round things off nicely, we found that the leaf spring link shackle bushes were also worn through - just making for more noise and hassles.

And what was good about this lot? Well, just simply that our plans had been to work way south of Maputo City, in the rough, soft terrain of the Maputo Elephant Reserve. This would've left us with serious problems if we had encountered the vehicle's breakdown while out there. As it happened, the Lord had other plans, and certain events caused us to end up in the city of Maputo for the first week. This then allowed us the opportunity to actually get to dealerships and other spares shops for the bits & pieces which were required to repair the bakkie. At the same time, we got the opportunity to visit a number of Churches in the City which we would not have had reason to visit.

This just reminded me of the passage of scripture which says "all things work out to the good of those that love Him".

It's good to trust Him for all things, and also in all things!

No comments: