21 June 2009

Setting precedents

It's Father's day again, and my kids have blessed me with a wonderful gift just ahead of our Mission team's departure to minister in Mozambique.

I received an insulated, heated, spill-proof mug!

Maybe this isn't much of a present for some dads, but this will mean that I can effectively (if I so desire) keep a mug of coffee steaming hot all the way from Uitenhage to Mozambique! Wow!
{don't think the coffee will be able to last that long, but that's beside the point...}

So, what's that got to do with setting precedents?

Simply that I seem to have kicked off a few precedents... such as...

1 - first to take along a head-mounted torch - to free up my hands for twice as much work; this while the rest of the team took along standard hand-held torches.
2 - first to take, and use thin leather gloves for use whilst setting up the Jesus Film screen & equipment. This kept my hands cleaner (and also warmer), thus enabling me to go straight from working into munching a snack without the need of washing of hands - The screen's support poles are made of aluminium, which quickly discolours one's hands.
3 - now probably first to take a heated mug along for the long drive. Who knows what this may start!
Are we going to have enough points in which to plug these things into on future outreaches?

No comments: