02 March 2009

What a Birthday!

Well, as time has a habit of doing, it brought along another birthday.

I've long ago learnt to do a number of things with them, including enjoing the fact that they have to come along, as well as contemplating the meaning around them.

At one time I thought I didn't want to age - not get old! That I don't want to do. Aging on the other hand is something quite different. It can actually be enjoyable! Sometimes I think I'm crazy saying something like that, but I find it to be true.
When one gets old, then life ahead looks gloomy, and doesn't hold promise.
Aging holds the promise of new challenges, new horizons... what else? Well, that's part of it. As one ages, one has to go out there and find what life holds. And life's meant to be a journey, and it's meant to be exciting.

It's been interesting for me to begin seeing that there are still many things that can be done, even on the other side of 40 - on the other side of 45 even in my case.

I'm looking forward to the future.

And what with the family and friends I have - it promises to hold many adventures.

Thanks to them all for making my birthday so wonderful!!!!

No comments: